Sew Let's Quilt Along Block 6
With Block 6 of the Sew Let's Quilt Along we are celebrating those essential little quilting helpers otherwise known as binding clips. I have two jars of clips and use them all the time, and not just for binding. The pattern for this block was designed by Jennifer Fulton and is available on her website The Inquiring Quilter. I enjoyed making mine as rainbow clips, but your clips can follow whatever color scheme makes you happy!
My Biggest Tip
- The piecing on this block is fun and easy with no challenging seams to line up or points to protect. Jennifer's cutting, piecing, and assembly instructions are crystal clear. But hey, I managed to mess up anyway. Can you see my mistake?
- Gold star if you spotted that my half clip units are not oriented correctly. The open edges of the half clips should be on the edges of the block not toward the center. Those sneaky little units flipped around on the way to the sewing machine!
- I will rip and resew them before I make this block into a project. My biggest tip is simply that making and fixing mistakes is all part of the creative process. Go with the flow and don't let the critical voice in your head take over.
The absolute best thing is sharing and seeing what everyone is making. Even if you are not keeping up with the schedule or posting for the prize drawings we still want to see what you are making!
You will find announcements and plenty of other quilters to cheer you on in the Partners in Design Facebook Group.
On Instagram you should use #SewLetsQAL on your posts. Be sure to follow the hashtag so you can see what everyone else is making.
More Blocks and Tips from Hosts
Visit the hosts for this block to see a variety of sewing tips and fabric choices from the Partners in Design team.
Abbie Danahy @ Sparkle On!
April Adams @ JANDA Bend Quilts
Becca Fenstermaker @ Pretty Piney Quilts
Bobbi Bridgeman @ Snowy Days Quilting
*Jennifer Fulton @ Inquiring Quilter
Karen Thurn @ Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats
Sandy Maxfield @ SandyStar Designs
Sherry Shish @ Powered by Quilting
We are lucky to have amazing sponsors on board with some fabulous prizes for this QAL! In addition, many of the block designers are donating quilt patterns for the prize packages.
There will be a prize drawing at the end of each segment and then a grand prize drawing at the end of the whole QAL. The prizes are open to participants who are at least 18 years old.
To be eligible to win a segment prize, you need to make all of the blocks from that segment. Then share a photo (or photos) of your blocks in a single post to be entered in the drawing at the end of each segment. We are currently in Segment 2 which includes Blocks 6-9 and will run from May 21-July 15. So plan to post for the Segment 2 prize drawing after Block 9, between July 2 and July 15.
To be eligible to win the grand prize, you need to make all 13 blocks and turn them into a quilt top or other projects. Quilt tops don't need to be quilted, but projects do need to be finished. Share a single post at the end of the quilt along that shows all of the blocks in a quilt top or other projects. It doesn't matter how many projects or what projects you make, or how many blocks you use in each project, as long as you show that you have used all 13 blocks in a finished quilt top or projects.
How to Enter the Prize Drawings
There are three places you can share your blocks to be entered in the random prize drawings. Each participant will only be entered once in each drawing, even if you post in multiple places.
- Facebook - share your blocks in the Partners in Design Facebook Group
- Instagram - Share your blocks with hashtag #SewLetsQAL
- Blog Linky - The hosts will share a link-up on their wrap-up posts at the end of each segment.